Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

RE-CONSTRUCTED TSHIRTS...reuse! recycle! reinvent!

 SHIRT(s)  --------> SKIRT!

I so wish that I had a before picture of the few tshirts that I used for this skirt.  
A tute soon to follow for this diy super simple but super fun skirt pattern. 
With summer approaching, I had to share this newest piece of apparel!

If you know me, you'll know that I LOVE Paris; I've been there twice; I want to live there some day!
Oo la la!
I grab anything Paris that I can find that will fit in corners of my house.
This tshirt was no exception.
I bought the black & white photograph tshirt in France 
(ah!  that would be the France at Epcot in Disney World!)
It never fit well but I didn't want to give it up! and thankfully I didn't!



A few internet searches found me wanting to re-use the tshirt in a whole new way.
Click here for my first inspiration:
With no pattern, I went here for a tute on a-line skirts:
The skirt is made of four different tshirts from my closet:
the black & white Eiffel tower shirt, 
a ruffled front shirt,
and the back is two black tshirts that were too boxy.
Many internet posts say that XL or XXL shirts can be used to make on skirt.
Not bad....I may try that!  Wouldn't it be so cute made with college tshirts...
now that would be something that can't be found in a bookstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment