Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Silhouette Artwork....decorate your walls with custom wall art!




I recently received Lowe's Creative Ideas magazine in the mail.
I always love when it's in my mailbox!  So many great ideas.
One of the many ideas in the magazine is this silhouette artwork.
My s-i-l enjoyed this gift of her 3 kids and their family "monogram" with all of their initials.

Follow these instructions or get a copy of this very resourceful magazine of your own at www.LowesCreativeIdeas.com/subscribe

SILHOUETTE ART BOARDS
  • Cut  1/2" plywood to desired size.  I used 12" squares.
  • Take a photo of your model's profile against a lightly colored background and print in the size you would like.
  • Cut out the silhouette, tape it to the plywood and trace around it with a pencil.
  • Paint carefully around the outline on the outside of the profile in a dark colored paint.  I used craft paint raw umber.
  • Seal with matte or satin finish spray.
  • MONOGRAM tile:  I used my SilhouetteSD cutting machine to cut vinyl 6" square letters for the family monogram.  You could also use the same painting technique described above and paint the letters.  Paint a slogan or last name over it all in a different color.
  • Attach picture wire to the back of each square of plywood and they are ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment